Don’t forget that applications for this year’s grants are due tonight at 11:59 pm ET. We look forward to reviewing your applications and learning more about your great organizations.
Does your nonprofit organization serve the AAPI community in the Washington, DC area? We are offering grants of between $500 and $4,000, and we hope that you’ll consider applying for a grant from the Cherry Blossom Giving Circle.
Applications are due this Friday, October 18. Read more about the grant and our criteria here, and download the Request for Proposals (RFP) as a Word document or as a PDF. It’s a short application, so you still have time to apply! We look forward to learning more about your organization.
Or maybe you’re not with a nonprofit, but you’re interested in joining our giving circle and supporting these local nonprofits? We are also still accepting donations towards this year’s grants. If you donate any amount, you will become a member of our giving circle and can join in our activities, including reviewing this year’s grant applications! And if you donate $250 or more, you are eligible to vote to select our grantee(s) for the year. You can easily donate via our new WeDidIt campaign page or by check via the Community Foundation of the National Capital Region. Read more here!
P.S. Congratulations to the seven fantastic organizations, including some of our past grantees, that received grants from the DC Mayor’s Office on Asian and Pacific Islander Affairs last week!
- Asian American Leadership, Empowerment, and Development for Youth and Families
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association Educational Fund
- Asian/Pacific Islander Domestic Violence Resource Project
- Chinatown Service Center
- Hepatitis B Initiative of DC
- Many Languages One Voice
- Moving Forward
You still have a week-and-a-half to apply for grants for nonprofit organizations serving the AAPI community in the Washington, DC metropolitan area! Applications are due on Friday, October 18. So don’t delay. Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Also, check out these upcoming events from two of our past grantees!
An exhibition, “Ancestry, Artistry, Choreography: Tracing a Korean American Journey,” will be on view from Friday, November 7 to Friday, December 19 at the Korean Cultural Center, 2370 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC. An opening reception on Friday, November 7 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. will feature a performance by DTSB Dance Company. Sponsored by the Embassy of the Republic of Korea, the exhibition features photographs and video of the dance company over its 22-year history. Read more at the Dana Tai Soon Burgess Dance Company website.
Visit https://applyforagivingcirclegrant2014.eventbrite.com for more details and to RSVP.
We are excited to announce our 2014 grant opportunity for non-profit organizations serving the local AAPI community. This year, we are offering grants of between $500 and $4,000. Starting today, you can download the Request for Proposals (RFP) as a Word document or as a PDF, and apply by Friday, October 17.
We are offering grants to organizations that meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Location: Organizations must be based in the Washington, DC metro area.
- Beneficiaries: Most or all of the beneficiaries of the project must be Asian American/ Pacific Islanders who live, work, and/or study in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, including neighboring counties in Maryland and Virginia. Our focus is on local philanthropic giving. Requests for national projects will not be considered.
- 501(c)(3) status: Organizations must have 501(c)(3) status or a fiscal sponsor.
- Organizational size: This year, we are focusing our funding organizations that have operating budgets that are less than or equal to $500,000. If your organization has a fiscal sponsor, we will only look at your program/initiative’s budget
Join us at Madhatter Bar and Restaurant on Wednesday, September 17 from 6-8 pm for a happy hour/Q & A social to meet our members and to ask any questions you have about this year’s application process. Visit https://applyforagivingcirclegrant2014.eventbrite.com for more details and to RSVP.
We hope that you apply today, and we look forward to reading your application!
P.S. We are also excited to announce that AAPIP and the Cherry Blossom Giving Circle now have an easier way to donate money more easily–our WeDidIt campaign page. Access our WeDidIt page through your computer, and use your credit card to make a quick online donation of any size to the Cherry Blossom Giving Circle. Donate today via our new WeDidIt campaign page!
To our giving circle members and friends, our community partners at APA Film is bringing Dis/orient/ed Comedy–the first-ever all female (mostly), Asian American stand up comedy tour–to DC, Friday, June 6 at The Burke Theater in the US Navy Memorial!
The Cherry Blossom Giving Circle will be there as a community sponsor, and we hope you can join us! Use “CBGCDC” as your discount code to purchase pre-sale tickets at http://disorientedcomedy.com/ for $7 off tickets.
The DC SHOW is expected to sell out so be sure to purchase your tickets online!
- Friday, June 6 -at 7 pm
- Burke Theatre at Navy Memorial: 701 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC (Archives/Navy Memorial Metro)
- Buy tickets: http://disorientedcomedy.com/
- $25 General Admission Tickets
- $18 Pre-sale Tickets (PROMO CODE: “CBGCDC”)
- Group Tickets available for $15 for groups of 10 or more!
Don’t forget that our happy hour/networking event is tomorrow night–Wednesday, April 30! We look forward to catching up with old friends and making some new ones. Hope to see you there!
- When: Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 6-8 pm
- Where: Madhatter Bar and Restaurant, 2nd floor, 1319 Connecticut Avenue, NW DC (Closest Metro: Dupont Circle or Farragut North on the Red line, and Farragut West on the Orange and Blue lines)
- Questions: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org