Please join us at these upcoming events!
DVRP’s 2nd Annual Celebration of Healthy Relationships
The Asian/ Pacific Islander Domestic Violence Resource Project–one of the giving circle’s previous grantees–is organizing its second annual Valentine’s Day celebration of healthy relationships! All proceeds from ticket sales and a portion of the sales at Tabaq will go directly to sustaining programs that save and support lives.
- Wednesday, February 13, 6-9 p.m.
- Tabaq Bistro (1336 U Street NW, near the U Street Metro station)
- Register at http://dvrphealthyrelationships.eventbrite.com/. Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the door.
Giving Circle Planning Meeting
Be sure to attend our first planning meeting of 2013! This meeting is open to all–whether you’re already a member or you’re just thinking about joining. We will review what we accomplished in 2012, talk about ways to divide up roles and responsibilities, and discuss what activities to take on for 2013. We hope you can make it!
- Thursday, February 21, 6 p.m.
- Association of Small Foundations (1720 N Street NW, near the Dupont Circle and Farragut North and West Metro stations)
- Please email Czarina at firstname.lastname@example.org if you will be able to attend.
15th Annual Cherry Blossom Freedom Walk
Save the date for the 15th annual Cherry Blossom Freedom Walk. This year is also the 25th anniversary of the civil liberties act of 1988, and the keynote speaker is Jodie Z. Bernstein, Chair of the commission on the wartime relocation and internment of civilians.
- Saturday, April 6. Check-in opens at at 9:00 a.m., and the opening ceremony starts at 10:00 a.m.
- National Japanese American Memorial to Patriotism (Intersection of New Jersey Ave, Louisiana Ave and D St NW, near Union Station)
- There is no cost to attend.