A Big THANK YOU
THANK YOU to all who attended and supported the Cherry Blossom Giving Circle’s June 5th fundraiser Widening the Circle. Not only did we meet our fundraising goal for the night (yay!), we had a great turnout and raised awareness about the importance of AAPI philanthropy. All the funds raised will go directly to CBGC’s grantmaking to support organizations serving local AAPI communities.
We would like to acknowledge those whose generosity went above and beyond our expectations and contributed to the event’s success:
- Christopher Y. Chan for his gracious hospitality hosting the event;
- Shiwali Patel and Amara Tek, Asian/Pacific Islander Domestic Violence Resource Project; Jin Ohm and Priscilla Baek, Conference on Asian Pacific American Leadership; and Emily Fullerton and Anatol Steck, Dana Tai Soon Burgess & Co—all CBGC grantees—for serving as event speakers;
- Audrey Grygiel for providing the delicious desserts (I’m still thinking about those blackberry shortbread bars), as well as a raffle prize;
- Sonia Law for underwriting event catering; and
- Rosie Abriam, Gale Awaya McCallum, and Robert Fukumoto for donating raffle prizes.
CBGC’s overall fundraising goal for this year is $10,000, and the success of Widening the Circle puts us well on our way toward reaching that goal. We are grateful for your support!
If you would like to learn more about the giving circle or get involved, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update: See photos from the fundraiser on Flickr.