Join us at these upcoming events!
The rest of July and August bring several exciting events and opportunities, so we hope you take advantage of some of them!
- Jade Philanthropy Society is holding a small group discussion on the secrets of a successful fundraiser on Friday, July 26 at 8:30-9:30 am at the Dolly Madison Library (1244 Oak Ridge Avenue) in McLean, VA. Register today!
- Join us for our August meeting and help us decide our application process for the 2013 grant year. We are meeting Wednesday, August 7 at 6 pm at the Grantmakers in Health offices (1100 Connecticut Ave NW, Suite 1200, between the Farragut North/ West and Dupont Circle Metro stations). All are definitely welcome, but please email us if you plan to attend; we need to provide a list of names to the building’s security. Thank you!
- Dana Tai Soon Burgess & Co, one of our grantees in 2011, will perform at the National Gallery of Art in conjunction with Diaghliev and the Ballets Russes exhibit. The performances will be on Sunday, August 11 at 1:00 and 3:30 pm. Find out more details on and check out the new Dana Tai Soon Burgess & Co website.
- The 2013 DC AAPI Literary Arts & Performance Poetry Festival (LAPP Fest) is coming to DC soon! It will take place from Wednesday, August 28 – Saturday, August 31 at numerous venues across DC. Register to attend or apply to be a workshop presenter or a featured artist fellow. Applications for workshop presenters and featured artist fellows are due on Friday, July 26. Last fall, the giving circle awarded a grant to support LAPP Fest, and we’re excited to see it all come together!
- The Center for Asian Pacific American Women is holding its National Leadership Summit in Southern California at the Manhattan Beach Marriott on Friday, September 20 and Saturday, September 21. Learn about this great opportunity and Register today. Travel and partial scholarships are available; email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application, which is due by Thursday, August 15.