Great events from our giving circle grantees and members
- Dana Tai Soon Burgess & Co, one of our grantees in 2011, will perform at the National Gallery of Art in conjunction with Diaghliev and the Ballets Russes exhibit. The performances will be tomorrow–Sunday, August 11–at 1:00 and 3:30 pm. Find out more details on the new Dana Tai Soon Burgess & Co website.
- The 2013 DC AAPI Literary Arts & Performance Poetry Festival (LAPP Fest) one of our 2012 grantees, is coming to DC at the end of this month! It will take place from Wednesday, August 28 – Saturday, August 31 at numerous venues across DC.
- If you’re an AAPI poet, literary and spoken word artist, or activist, register to attend for 3-4 days of performances, workshops, and panels that empower and elevate the craft of AAPI writers and performers.
- LAPP Fest also has several events open to the public. On Wednesday, August 28 from 6-11 pm, LAPP Fest is hosting its festival kickoff and *SPARKLE* Queer Open Mic for All at Busboys and Poets. On Friday, August 30 at 6 pm, the LAPP Fest Showcase is at the Millennium Stage at the Kennedy Center.
- Register today for the National Leadership Summit organized by Center for Asian Pacific American Women, which is led by our own Rosie Abriam. This great conference offers two days of workshops, panels, and networking opportunities with topics including whole person leadership, emerging leaders, financial abundance, senior women, and speaking powerfully. It will be held in Southern California at the Manhattan Beach Marriott on Friday, September 20 and Saturday, September 21. Travel and partial scholarships are available; email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application, which is due by Thursday, August 15.
And finally, we offer our congratulations to Jessica Li, who was recently named the Executive Director/ CEO of the Asian/Pacific Islander Domestic Violence Resource Project (DVRP), which was our grantee in 2010 and 2012. Previously, Jessica was DVRP’s Interim Executive Director.