Apply for a grant from the Cherry Blossom Giving Circle!
We are excited to announce that, in 2015, the Cherry Blossom Giving Circle is again offering nonprofit organizations that serve members of the AAPI communities in the Washington, DC metropolitan area the opportunity to apply for unrestricted grants between $500 and $4,000!
We’ve simplified the application this year, so we hope that it will be easier for you to apply for a grant. Read more at dcgivingcircle.wordpress.com/apply/, or download the grant application here as a Word document or as a PDF.
Organizations have to meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for a grant:
- From question 2 on the application (Word/ PDF):
- Your organization has 501(c)(3) status or your organization has a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) status.
- Your organizations or your project has a budget under $500,000.
- Your organization or project is one that we have not previously funded or that we have funded only one time before.
- From question 3 on the application (Word/ PDF):
- Your organization or project serves members of AAPI communities who live, work, or study in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
- The activities of your organization or project help promote positive change and help improve the lives of members of AAPI communities in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, and the requested grant funds (which may be for general operational support) will be used towards those efforts.
- Your organization is based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
The deadline for submitting your application is
Friday, October 16 Friday, October 30. If you have questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated on October 20, 2015 to reflect the extension of our deadline to Friday, October 30 and a change in our criteria. For more information on these changes, click here.