Donate any amount to become a member of our giving circle and to join in our activities! If you donate $250 or more, you are eligible to vote and help select our grantee(s) for the year. Your donation is tax deductible.
If $250 is too much at one time, feel free to make quarterly donations, but just let us know that you’ve decided to do that.
Joining the giving circle gives you a unique opportunity to develop skills and to become more connected by:
- Meeting and working with other members who care about our communities
- Learning about local AAPI organizations and issues
- Selecting grantees in a formal charitable giving process
Your contribution and involvement will make a significant impact! The nonprofit organizations we select will receive 100% of your donation. Since we started the giving circle in 2009, we have provided a total of nearly $60,000 in grants to the following 16 nonprofit organizations in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.
- 1882 Foundation
- Asian-American Homeownership Counseling Inc.
- Asian American Success
- Asian Pacific American Cultural Arts Foundation
- Asian Pacific American Legal Resource Center
- Asian Pacific Islander American (APIA) Spoken Word and Poetry Summit
- Asian/Pacific Islander Domestic Violence Resource Project
- Asian Pacific Islander Queer Sisters
- Chinatown Service Center
- Conference on Asian Pacific American Leadership (CAPAL)
- Dana Tai Soon Burgess & Co
- Emmaus Services for the Aging, Asian & Pacific Islander Senior Center
- Hepatitis B Initiative of Washington DC (HBI-DC)
- Hālau Nohona Hawai’i
- Many Languages One Voice, DC Nail Salon Project
- Mid- Atlantic Union of Vietnamese Student Associations (MAUVSA)
Donate by credit card
Donate today through the Community Foundation for the National Capital Region. Be sure to select “Cherry Blossom Giving Circle Fund” when filling out the form. Please note: donations submitted by credit card will be subject to a processing fee.
Donate by check
Make out your check to the “The Community Foundation for the National Capital Region,” and write “For Cherry Blossom Giving Circle Fund” in the memo line.
Send your check to:
The Community Foundation for the National Capital Region
1201 15th Street NW, Suite 420
Washington, DC, 20005
After you have donated, please email us at email@example.com to let us know.
The Cherry Blossom Giving Circle is a member of the AAPIP National Giving Circle Network. The fiscal sponsor of the Cherry Blossom Giving Circle is The Community Foundation of the National Capital Region.