Did You Know?
In DC, as of 2009:
- AAPIs represented 3.69 percent of the documented DC population.
- 4.5 percent of AAPI families and 20.5 percent of AAPI individuals 65 years and over lived in poverty.
- Over half of DC’s AAPI population spoke another language than English, and 15.7 percent spoke English less than very well.
See An Ever Transforming Population: A Glimpse into Asians in the District of Columbia in 2009.
Nationally, AAPIs account for about 5 percent of the total U.S. population, but only around 0.4 percent of all philanthropic funding goes to AAPI nonprofits.
- Asian American Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy (AAPIP)
- DC Mayor’s Office on Asian and Pacific Islander Affairs (OAPIA)
- MASALA Giving Circle
- Rainbow Dragon Fund
- Jade Philanthropy Society
- White House Initiative on Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders
- Asian American Philanthropy Resources
- Giving Circles Network